The May Tourism meeting tackled the question: “Is our marketing campaign fully celebrating the year-round family recreation that Iowa has to offer?” With the help of five new participants, new information and opportunities were explored.
- Tri-County Snow Mobile Association: Brian and Mike Morrison discussed the economic impact of this winter sport growing in popularity for young families with an average household income of $70K, investing est. $3K annually.
- Sample Itineraries: strong sample itineraries from other areas were reviewed. JoAnn Ruopp will structure and present a sample 2-day itinerary of Tama County vacation activities to increase overnight stay.
- We [heart] Tama County: representatives from Dysart, Gladbrook, Montour, Tama, Toledo, Traer picked up decals to distribute to the over 100 participating entities dedicated to marketing each other via tear-off county maps.
- Bank Club Marketplace: Approved paying one-third of expense in partnership with Matchstick Marvels and Traer Shaker Gallery and featuring the banners, guides, and itineraries assembled by Tama County Tourism.
- Cinema Ads: stand out national campaigns and messages were reviewed. Interest was articulated for a moving slide campaign pending pricing research. Target demographic was identified as family based on the medium, visual message will center on nature recreation, slogan message will center on 268[?] fun things to do in Tama County, call for action will try to drive online traffic so branding effectiveness can be measured.
- Tama County Traveler Pocket Guide: 3,000 reprint guides have been secured to help replenish depleting stacks of the 2009-2010 edition at the over 150 distribution points throughout Iowa. Remaining/changed calendar of events was reviewed for the updated accompanying bookmark insert.
NEXT TAMA COUNTY TOURISM MEETING
Mon. June 7, 9 a.m.
Where Two Corners Meet
(across from the Dysart Library)
BANK CLUB MARKETPLACE
Market our destination to Bank Club tours. Hosted by Iowa Tourism Department.
Wed. Sep 29, 2010
Des Moines, Iowa
MURDER MYSTERY DINNER
Sat. Oct 30, 6 – 9 p.m.
Pilgrim Heights Camp & Retreat Center
3005 E. Ave