For the July 2010 Tama County tourism meeting, industry leaders pulled up a chair at the John Ernest Vineyard & Winery in rural Tama. The discussion focused on strategies to help Tama County attractions differentiate by highlighting the hospitality and authenticity of our rural recreation, while assimilating to industry creative standards expected from our dominant urban target demographic. A number of initiatives to this end were introduced and approved:
- Fun Photography Campaign: A 2010 photography shoot plan was approved that includes all 12 our towns and the Meskwaki Nation. Focus will be on authentic and diverse demographics of Tama County area residents engaged in Tama County recreation activities that would be a rural treat for city dwellers.
- Cinema & Print Advertising Campaign: Approved creative concept on first generation edition.
- Event Bookmark Campaign: Distributed electronic and hard copies for the last 6 months of the year.
- Tabletop Display Campaign: Approved a test market with 12 acrylic holder displays to feature a season of events and increase awareness for our central marketing tool, the free Traveler’s Pocket Guide.
- Designation Change: the group previously known as Tama County Tourism formally approved becoming Tama County Convention and Visitor Bureau reflecting the industry growth and maturation since inception 5 years ago.