Every day Tama County Economic Development works to help strengthen networks inside Tama County:
- Bi-annually we publish a Pocket Guide on Fun Things to Do in Tama County, Iowa and include 30+ major annual fun social gatherings
- Annually we host the EDIE Awards event celebrating 24 defining development projects of the year
- Quarterly we publish newsletters to help people plan their season of educational and social events
- Monthly we hosts public roundtable discussions with key stakeholders on a diverse cross-section of development subjects, and various departments of Tama County Economic Development hosts public meetings to develop a specific area of our economy
- Weekly we do radio updates on community events and also email the list (plus the next week’s) to media within a 1 hour driving radius of Tama County
- 24/7 anyone with an internet connection can visit www.tamacountyiowa.org/calendar for real-time updates on events.
But every now and then we may also put the spotlight on events that happen outside the borders of Tama County that could benefit our businesses and residents in expanding business, social, educational networks to build a stronger county. Two of many such events are coming up before the end of the month:
WOMEN TO LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
Topics include leadership development, media relations, image, and balance. Guests speakers and panelists include some of Tama County’s own like business leader, Deb Ewoldt (owner of the Blacksmith Boutique and Garden Studio) and government leader Laura Kopsa (Tama County Auditor).
Saturday, Sept 18, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Belle Plaine Community Center
1309 – 5th Avenue
Belle Plaine, Iowa
Cost is $25 (includes gourmet lunch & materials.)
Contact email@example.com or (319) 610-3412
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS OF IOWA CONFERENCE
Conference focuses on personal accountability and professional development training. Offers networking opportunities with other young professionals from across the state.
Friday, Sept. 24, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Iowa Valley Continuing Education campus, Dejardin Hall
3702 S. Center Street, Marshalltown Iowa
Cost is $85 if you register by September 17; $125 for later registrations