Archive | Community RSS feed for this archive

Paws on a Tree

A bear walks into a bar and the bartender asks what him “What will you have?’ The bear goes “Can I have a gin?” The bartender goes and grabs a gin and comes back and hands the bear his gin. The bear goes “And tonic.” The bartender says “Why such the big pause?” The bear […]

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →

Labels

Cowboy Joe was telling his fellow cowboys back on the ranch about his first visit to a big-city church. “When I got there, they had me park my old truck in the corral,” Joe began. “You mean the parking lot,” interrupted Charlie, a more-worldly ranch hand. “I walked up the trail to the door,” Joe […]

2016 Q1 Pitch & Build

On January 12, 2016, Tama County Economic Development hosted the 2016 Q1 Pitch & Build competition which showcased Tama County business owners and entrepreneurs and their ideas for new businesses across the county.  We heard about a precision ag product service in Dysart, a folk school in rural Toledo, and a restaurant and catering business […]

Laughter

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 7-year-old hockey players aside and asked, “Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?” The little boy nodded. “Do you understand that what matters is not whether we win or lose, but how we play together as a team?” The little […]

Kids at Christmas

On the first day of school, the pre-school teacher asked a little boy if he knew his numbers. “Yes,” he said. “My grand-dad, he taught me to how to work with numbers.” “That’s good,” said the teacher. “Let’s see what you know… What comes after three?” “Four,” answered the little boy. “What comes after six?” […]

Tama County Tourism’s Harvest Gala

Tama County Tourism will be hosting a Harvest Gala, on Sunday November 1, 2015, at Pilgrim Heights Camp & Retreat Center, 3005 E Avenue, Montour, Iowa.   The Harvest Gala will begin at 5:00 p.m. with social time and wine tasting with John Ernest Vineyard & Winery and Fox Ridge Winery.  Appetizers are sponsored by Farmers […]

Big Tipper

A college pizza delivery boy arrived at the house of Mr. Thomas. He knocked on the door and handed him the pizza. After receiving it, Mr. Thomas asked: “What is the usual tip?” “Well,” replied the youth, “this is my first trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of […]

State Fair

Walking through the Varied Industries Building at the Iowa State Fair, there was a very large crowd standing around the booth of a bathroom scale manufacturer. The booth vendor was very proud of its new model being introduced at the fair. “Listen to these features,” he announced to the growing crowd. “It’s calibrated to one-one-hundredth of […]

A Game of Fools

A Cubs baseball game was over and a highway patrolman noticed that a big group of fans were congregating at a local bar to celebrate an actual victory.  He returned at closing time confident that he would make an arrest.  Sure enough, when the bar closed, the Cubs fans started staggering outside to head home. […]

It’s a History Mystery in Tama County July 15 – September 27

Iowa has a lot of famous and interesting people who got their start in small rural towns before making it big. But a lot of the people of the past don’t come up in regular café conversation and aren’t mentioned in our school textbooks – a real shame considering how unique and fascinating their lives […]